You’ve probably heard something lately about Google and the job search market. I don’t know what passes for excitement in your world. In ours, Google for Jobs is all the rage. Here’s what we know so far:
- Google has launched a job-specific search engine. Jobseekers search for jobs on Google just as anyone would do any search, directly from the search bar
- Jobs advertised through NewHire are already available in to this new search engine (through our partnerships with Glassdoor and Ziprecruiter)
- NewHire is actively working on a direct integration
Google has applied its latest in Artificial Intelligence technology to do a better job matching people to jobs… we will see. Early results are promising. Google’s move into job search will have a huge impact on the job search and job board market:
- Players including LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Ziprecruiter, Monster and Careerbuilder are aligning with and sharing jobs with Google
- Many other jobsites will follow
- We believe that Google and all of these other players are looking to compete against Indeed, which for the moment does not appear to be participating
- Google has not, to date, offered a paid advertising model to advertise jobs directly on Google
At NewHire, we consider it our responsibility to you to stay up-to-date and keep you informed of changes in the candidate sourcing marketplace. We remain committed to our core principle of source independence when it comes to attracting candidates and building your candidate pool. This means that we will continue seek out and use multiple sourcing strategies to attract the best available talent for your open positions.
Please reach out to us with your questions, thoughts and suggestions!
Here are a few links for further reading: