Medical Account Sales Executive
Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Medical Account Manager is responsible for calling on healthcare-related organizations/personnel as well as large acute care hospitals within an assigned territory. Will be responsible for maintaining and growing business with existing customers as well as cold calling to develop and enhance the customer base. The Account Manager is responsible for providing service information and build relationships with prospects and customers in the assigned territory.
· Build, develop and manage accounts in an assigned territory.
· Carry out needed sales and service initiatives. Meet quarterly/annual quotas.
· Identify and qualify prospects by telephone, cold call premise visits, and networking.
· Develop proposals and conduct sales presentations for prospective customers.
· Complete service orders and customer quotes in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
· Review market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, and price schedules.
· Develop sales campaigns to promote goals of the company.
· Meet deadlines and requirements for contracts and bids in assigned territory
· Represent Morgan Services at trade shows, conferences and association meetings to promote service.
Reports To: General Manager
Bachelor’s degree required and previous medical market experience or related area a plus.
-Minimum of 5 years outside sales experience, ideally in medical/healthcare field.
-Knowledge of and experience with various sales techniques that focus on selling a service.
-Preferred sales experience in medical industry.
· Extensive understanding of medical terminology
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the company as well as with vendors and manufacturers
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Excellent customer relations and customer service skills.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Experience with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Ability to analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and submit expense reports.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
To the qualified candidate we offer:
Please complete the following information. Then press the "Submit Application" button at the bottom. You may attach a resume at the bottom of the page. We recommend that you attach an MS-Word document. You have 45 minutes to complete the application.